View Single Post
Old July 27th 2007, 10:28

I also have been following this thread, and while my car is still on block, I am very interested.

I have installed the front 944 N/A set up on my car but not run it yet. Intent is to play with the piping and run the 944 MC with a proportioning valve.
I have been pondering a few things. Since this car will run about 75% track (HPDE) and 25% street, my focus is on getting the car set up properly.

From my previous experience playing with different piston calipers, as well as sized, I know first hand the impact this can have on bias as well as feel.

I was thinking of changing to the 4 piston similiar sized (diameter) 944 turbo set up for the purposed of feel. My experience with different track pads on dual piston sliding has been that they tend to be very on/off switch like. With the multi pistons it seemed more progressive and the feel was nicer. Again some of this is a function of the pad (usually carbotech XP series, which have a high initial bite).

So without rambling to much, any thoughts on using a 4 piston front and single piston rear with 944 MC? Which way to pipe, and if prop valve needed.

VR
Alex
Tele: 973 204-5463