View Single Post
Old December 29th 2009, 15:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by owdlvr View Post
The only issue I see from your photos is that engine movement/vibration haven't been taken into account. While having the piping brought that close to the waterpump is convenient, you still need to ensure plenty of movement is allowed for vibration and torque movements. From what I can see in the photos you've taken, the best spot for one of the rubber (and thus flexible) hoses is probably coming out of the radiator down under the oil-pan. This will place the movements along a relatively long section of flexible hosing.

If you were going to run flexible sections on the runners out to the back of the car, you'll be asking the rubber hoses to flex in a torsional movement, which will cause them to fail in relatively short order.

I can't see the other side well enough to make any recommendations there.

Hope that helps.

-Dave
Hey Dave,

The photos make clearances look closer than they really are. The only one I would be concerned about it the tubing coming up close to the pump. The pipe I plan to trim down so I can put hose between.

The plumbing is welded right to the frame rails. Exhaust is hung using your standard exhaust hangers. I don't really see there being any issues with the plumbing failing the way it was fabricated. I guess only time will tell.