View Single Post
Old June 8th 2013, 12:21

@humble ya thanks man. i agree. these cars with the right setup are just bad ass to drive. when i had my white car, i went on a local cruise and i was following an R32 thru some twisties, and all i had at the time was coilovers in the front, stock sway in the front, and lowered in the back with my wbx all motor. he could no shake me thru the corners. it put a huge smile on my face knwing their was tons of room for improvement. i just cant wait to get this car out on the track and really get to play with it.

everyone else.... thanks again for all the support and likes. again im very happy with the car. i thru everything i had at this car...money, time, the loss of a girlfriend over this project cause she couldnt deal with the time dedication, and all my skills ive managed to gather over my years of working on vws/ painting all went into the car. to sum it up...this car represents ME and what i can do.

@steve c ya im happy i did it. and with a super 1302/1303 its so easy. people always ask...wow how hard was it, i tell them, honestly the fabing of the coolant lines was the hardest part. and even that it only took me 2 days of solid work and it was mostly done. this goes for anyone that wants to do a wbx (wasserboxer) motor in the future, im an open book. no secrets here. ill share just how i did it, and if needed ill even send templates of that i have that works. i simply have fallen in love these motors. i love that a ton of parts just bolt onto the wbx off a type1 motor. my exahust it a type1 cb performance header. you can fit just about any type1 header with simply turning cyl 1 and 4 exhaust flanges and re welding. i did the type4 motor and it honestly was a nightmare of fabrication. EVERYTHING i touched on the motor i felt i had to fab up tp make it fit better or what not. i didnt have the money to afford a $500 + exahust for the type4 i had so i fabbed one up, had to fab up the generator mount, oil filler, the list goes on,and for the power output, i was really unsatisfied. so one night i started looking on shoptalkforums (my other home other than here..lol) in the wasserboxer section, and literally in about 4-5 hrs of research, i had convinced myself that the wbx was what i needed. since i had already done the type4 motor into a type1 trans, i already had the flywheel i needed. so it really was a no brainer. i have 2 2.1 wbx motors now. the other one thats not in my car is a builder. ive never built a motor from the ground up, so thats the plans for my other wbx, and of course do some upgrades along the way aswell. the wbx even in a all motor set up is still very fun to drive. it drives like a new car. i could pull up any hill it seemed in 4th gear going 70-75 with pedal left to go. i would suggest a wbx a thousand times over before a type4. the type4 IMO is hyped up too much and are nothing but big money in the end when compared to a wbx or a type1 motor. now i know their are big hp type4 out their but their all over the big pond where the good parts are way more readily available.