View Single Post
Old September 12th 2003, 18:54

First off...hello to all as this is my first post on this forum.

Here's my story.

I've left from a friends house. It's close to 2 am. I'm getting on the 210 fwy at the Lowell Ave. on ramp in Tujunga, Ca. The ramp is almost 360 degrees to get on the fwy.

I'm on the ramp and a small MBZ E230 Kompressor comes up fast behind me and is tailgating me...I step on the gas and speed up and come to the merge lane. He jumps out into the traffic lanes and signals me to race him...I am more than happy to go fast. He of course gets the jump on me and zooms out past me about 5 or 6 car lengths. I'm redlining 3rd and dropping into 4th...at about 110mph or 120mph I'm catching up and I put it into 5th gear. As I pass him...not a quick pass...but a pass nonetheless...he's pounding on his steering wheel.

I pegged my speed-O which maxes out at 140mph. I know I got to 145mph at least and probably pretty close to 150mph. Needless to say, upon cruising at at least 145mph for about 30 secs...I slowed down and he caught up. We just smiled at each other and waved. (Well, I smiled, I couldn't tell if he smiled back...but he did wave.)

I've had many encounters of this kind and I don't always win. But I have had some really satisfying wins over some of those "azn" mobiles with their carbon-fibre hoods, tin-can exhaust systems, neon lights, dummy shift light...

Here's the car I do it all in...

I don't know if I can post a pic actually so click on this link

Fear the Four-Eyed Speed Demon. He will pass!