View Single Post
Old August 30th 2008, 17:36

Sorry guys I've been super busy, I'll post some more pics, when I get home next week. I've got the brakes/susp, wiring and dash mostly done. Engine goes in next, then on to all the other small stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakajava View Post
Did you do all the prep work and body work before the paint job?
I was wondering of you thought about using MegaSquirt for your engine EFI management. Take a look if you haven't yet.
http://www.megamanual.com/index.html

I haven't used it yet, but want to for my volvo 240 and future subaru project.
I thought about using megasquirt but there hasn't been much success using it on subaru turbo engines. I have the Apexi Power FC which apparently works very well. I would like to megasquirt something but would rather do it on a low performance daily driver to gain more efi experience then to use it on a hi-po engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletBug View Post
hi Eatoniashoprat... nice setup there.. does it requires u to cut the fire wall for the engine to mount properly in the car? radiator location??

thanks, ojan..
I cut a bit out of the firewall to fit the turbo. The IC sits directly overtop of the engine. I shortened the decklid mounts so the intercooler would fit. Once its installed, hopefully next weekend, I'll put some pics up. The radiator is up front, there should be pics of the cooling setup when I was mocking it up in the Engines-Subaru- section.