View Single Post
Old June 15th 2005, 20:31

Engine and tranny have met for the last time. Superstructure is complete. Working in getting (you are not going to believe this) the wiring harness STILL, getting the details squared away for the front engine mount(this is a hybrid engine/tranny combo and the mount is somewhere in between), put a Audi TT 225hp intake manifold on and am getting the bracketry around it squared away. There is now a nice straight shot from the turbo outlet to the TT intake, about the distance a good A/W intercooler(chargecooler for the guys on the other side of the pond) should fit nicely into. The clutch might be a hybrid as well for now, stock type I cable back to a bracket that moves the hydrolic master cylinder for the stock Jetta. Eventually I'm sure it will be hydrolic all the way, the trouble is getting the pedal assembly in there without too much cutting. I was not able to integrate the "pendulum" style mounts of VWs from 1998-present. There was not enough room for clearance on the passenger side of the engine without cutting out the inside of the passenger rear wheelwell. I think I can make the oldstyle low mounts work, I just don't like the amount of engine/tranny movement that they allow. I'll probably build some additional motor mounts to prevent unwanted movement later. The biggest hurdle currently is how to attach the upper strut plates for the Mac struts. If they are welded on, to remove the superstructure from the vehicle would require the removal of much of the C pillar. I'm trying to come up with a way to make those plates removable so they can be unbolted then the superstructure will slide right out. That's it for now!

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S