View Single Post
Old June 23rd 2008, 16:09

Well, you guys certainly didn't miss anything. The show promoter is an idiot! And Lindy Herrell who simply sponsored the show is catching all kinds of hell. The best of show was a jacked up Baja on a chevy blazer (I think) frame. It had a water cooled chevy engine under the hood

2 cars away from it sat a pristine 1959 single cab and a sweet 68 bug. Even the owner of the "Beetle Juice" Baja/mud boggin', whatever the hell it was, couldn't believe he won.

Since the prices for admission/showing/camping were so high, there were more VW's in the parking lot than inside the show

I think this is what happens when greedy, Non-VW people, try to put on a VW event.

We still had a good time in spite of the crap-ass promoter. Lindy, Woody, Jake and Fluffy did a little circle track racing on Saturday night around the paved oval in the show grounds. It was pretty funny until Woody got loose and tried to take out our RV. All I saw was his white knuckles and eye balls coming my way
"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today because they pissed me off!"

Beth Raby