View Single Post
Old March 25th 2006, 23:11
Administrator

Club Organizational Meeting needed

After talking with the other members that attended the March Dyno Day/Silver Dollar Races, we came to the conclusion that we need to hold a meeting with all club members that can attend. We need to get our club back on track. We have not had a news letter in quite some time, most of us are out of date on our dues, there has been little to no communication to members via email or our forum and it seems that the club is driffting apart.
We need to elect officers (At least 3-4 so no one person has to do too much). Open a club account for our funds (what little we have), Kick the news letter back off so floks will get something for the membership. This will have to include news from all of our membership as to what is happening in their respective area (cruises, shows, tech, etc). We also need to help our freinds in UK get their chapter going and include them in our news letter, ect.
I have been as guilty as anyone for the lack of communication on the forum. My life has been very busy and I know the same can be said for many of you.
We has a communication problem at our last event and tho it wasn't a major problem, we didn't wold up our end with regard to some raffle merchandise. While we did gather lots of nice stuff to give out thanks to Jake (our club sponsor who came up with a Type 1 DTM shroud, vidios, etc.), Herrell's Bug Parts, and the SEVWA (Thanks Kathy), and the raffle went well, we could have and should have had more stuff.
We can leave things as they are. Or we can get things back on track. I would like to see things back on track myself, but that is only one vote.
Please indicate what date/time is good for you and lets see if we can get a good meeting organized. :agree:
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe