View Single Post
Old January 16th 2003, 12:58

to all:

this is an attempt to "give the people what they want". the original idea of the club was so that us boyz in the SE US could hang together at shows and other places. the club will have many "virtual" benefits as well (merchandise, e-newsletters, website with club shared info, a gl.com forum for the club, sponsors, club discounts at parts and services places, etc). as no_h20 states, i also think it is up to the people outside of the SE US to tell us what they want. many have shown interest in joining even though they are outside of the southeast and in many cases outside of the US. Supply/Demand. if the demand is there, we are willing to supply the structure for the supply.

VKG can (and has for our club's purposes) set germanlook guidelines for the club cars. obviously, by the string on gl.com regarding "what is the german look", there are many opinions. VKG is just setting what the founders agree upon. i think memberships will indicate if people agree with these guidelines or not. but the rules must be followed or there is not cohesion or group look. as all can see, these rules are pretty darn open and will stay that way. no cal-look/resto strict rules here. but no vw ricers pretending to be GL either.

i am all about freedom of expression. VKG is in NO way saying there should be no other clubs. there should be and there will be. what we are asking is, do you guys want to see an international club, or even only a US club stemed from VKG? if so, option #1. if you want to VKG to stay in the south of the US and mind their own business, option #2.

and please give more than a vote. give some feedback here so we can understand why the vote was chosen.

just my $.18. god that was long. sorry.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design