View Single Post
Old January 16th 2003, 13:38

VKG,
I've had experience with a club that has chapters before and I hate to say it but it was a bad experience. I did learn a few lessons from the whole ordeal.
1) Its got to be something that everyone involved believes in, ie GL. You don't want Cal Look guys in a Vintage club or vise versa. The rules are very important. I like the VKG's rules, obviously GL but not strict like DKP.
2) Since we are spread very thin, when it gets large enough to have several chapters there needs to adhession to the overall theme but at the same time each chapter will need to be fairly independent so as to survive in their own region. What works in SE USA may not work on the West Coast USA or in the UK for example.
3) and the most important one of them all. Have fun! Its a lot of hard work running a club but when it stops being fun then its time to reevaluate the whole thing. When it works it's a lot of fun.

Anyways when you guys decide if VKG is going to be international, national, or just SE I'd like to be part of it if not I'll start my own and base it off of you guys because whether you know it or not you'all have a very strong foundation for a very fresh club.

Nick