View Single Post
Old September 18th 2003, 19:57

My opinion

Sandeep:

Greeting from your insurance broker friend. Well I originally
bought a refurbished Lincoln 110v flux core welder without
gas. After about two weeks trying to get a good welding bead
and after my best friend a former welder used it we concluded that it was not up to the job. My application was very similar to
your since I was welding in replace panels, fabricating repair
patches, etc.

So I decided to go through a "Buy & Sell" magazine, in fact I believe the one I located was from outside the city (ie. Barrie,
Kitcherner areas, etc.) the benefits of looking out of town was that you could find a better deal, better welders and old guys
that retired and no longer need the unit. So the end result for me was I bought one out of Orillia for about $ 500 that had one been used for a month or so and then stored for over three years.
It was a Lincoln 110v model 125 Plus that is a great unit and
works so much better with gas. It actually makes it look like I know how to weld ! Well sort of ! In additon with the welder I got a new auto dimming mask, clamps, etc. etc.

I also have a non-gas unit that you can borrow and try out since you are a trustworth friend whom loaned me his Joe Cali manual
after only meeting me a wek before. It you also wish you can borrow the good Gas unit and try it out for a week, two or three
depending when you might want to use it. I am getting ready for paint soon and also going away to China to visit my daughter so
if your timing is good you might even borrow it for longer. In the meantime if you wish senf a PM and I will forward a telephone
number and we can get together some weekend at my "shop"
and you can check out the welder and my little Super Beetle
project. It is up to you but the offer is free and open ended.

PS. How is the new papa doing ? and is the little boy letting
you sleep at night yet ?

Talk soon.

Allan