View Single Post
Old January 16th 2013, 13:03

Sandeep,

While I have never done Mosport, it looks like a nice open tack with plenty of straight aways to get into top gear... I can't check the link as the sites are blocked on work firewalls..

IMHO, I would think that 150 is a little ambitious, but I do see you have about 350 HP.. and given the bugs weight, your box and ratios on paper looks possible..

How safe and stable, seems to be the question..

Never ran the Mich PSS so not sure how much of a comprise they are (Track vs DD tires). I have run the Mich PS and they were not what I would call a track tire.. On the other hand I recently ran some RE-11 on my E30, which is probably closer in weight than my old SHO, WRX or e46 i was running, and I liked them as a good track tire that was not a slick.. plus if needed can drive them around town..

If you can compromise DD, then why not get a dedicated track tire like Khumo Victor Racers or V700, or Avon's which tend to be a little cheaper as apposed to a DD/Track tire.

Also those are some big and fat wheels you are carrying at each corner.. Any thoughts on dropping down to 16's or 17's, to get into a cheaper size range? Not sure clearance on your front set up..

While I have done plenty of track events, given my cars, I tend to be in the 120-130 mph range at some open tracks.. .. Closer to the end of that spectrum I started to notice that aero would help, specially on straights (as car starts to feel a little light) and as I approached the end of a long run under braking as the weight starts shifting under braking and transition.. when you get that not so fresh feeling as the rear lights up, and the weight is shifted forward..

The only time I was at the range you speak 150-160, was with an instructor in a 911 turbo (late gen) and and a older 930 4 speed, which was geared a little short, both times was a bit concerning at times as we played with other cars at Watkins Glen.. Those cars did feel planted enough but required some BIG balls to drive hard... specially the older 930, as the turbo kicked in.. hold on tight..

I admire your valor.. if and when I get my car together, The figure I am gunning for 150-125 top end speed..

While not an answer hope it spawns futher discussion.. curious as to what others will chime in..
VR
Alex
Tele: 973 204-5463