View Single Post
Old February 19th 2008, 10:50

I owned the Super for 3½ years, the last 1½ years being a German Looker. It was a much shorter run than I was planning but I had a lot of fun along the way.

I want to thank all of the nice people I met along the way. If I start naming specific people, I run the risk of offending others who are just as deserving. I trust most of you know who you are.

I would like to single out the members of VKG, Dave (NO_H2O), Jake Raby and the many people associated directly and indirectly with him, and the many nice people I met at the shows in Tampa, Fla., Toccoa, Ga., and Manassas, Va. You not only contributed to my fun, I learned a lot along the way.

At the risk of sounding corny, the two non-Internet entities I want to also thank are Doug, Desmond and the rest of the crew at Desmond’s Auto Service who have been 24-carat wonderful since I first met them nearly 20 years ago, and most of all, my wife. The money and time I spent on this hobby could have been very easily vetoed.

I have no specific plans for the future. My dad is in the hospital and my daughter is gearing for college. That is enough to sidetrack me for now.

I am probably not going to repeat my efforts. That doesn’t mean I won’t venture into Super Beetles again. I actually have a secret agenda to that end but that would be a few years into the future. It also doesn’t mean I won’t build another German Looker. It would a shame not to use what I have learned.

If I do go down that path, the concept will be fresh from the one that ended too soon.

My wife started campaigning for a Karmann Ghia already.

I have no idea when I might return (aside from getting pics, if possible, that is) but I hope everyone fulfills their German Look passions.

Best,
Dennis (oasis)