Thread: 911 Fan Shroud
View Single Post
Old April 16th 2003, 11:04

I'm finding that it may be overkill for about any engine.

See, what I say defys conventional wisdom.

I will never absolutely publish that the system does not work, but when I feel strongly enough about it to refuse to use any of them on any of my engines (just like hydro lifters) people should realize that what I found was conclusive enough! I have been noticing this for years, not since yesterday. Both in the car, and on the dyno.

People spend their money the wrong way.....an engine is not about cosmetics, or "Sounding good at idle"....when people quit letting the nonsense fact that their engine has to look like a 911 engine to cool, they will figure out the first big step in the road to successful power.

I could have been like everyone else, and made a 911 shroud, instead of my knockoff of the DTM. The molds would have cost 3 times less, as the shroud is one pices, and the casting is very simple. The 911 shroud would have sold like mad to people that want their engine to "Look" like a 911....

I have a new idea, if you want it to look like a 911, just make a 911 engine fit in the engine bay! The result would be something that actually works, has the looks, and the power to boot. Be ready to spend atleast 12K to do it right!