View Single Post
Old March 29th 2011, 00:09

We've been inundated with rain here in Cali, got more than 10" at the house during the worst storms. We finally got a break in weather and I was able to get some work done on the car.

First I got my alignment done after raising the suspension up, but the left rear is still out a bit. I've got -3* camber, 0* tow and 2.4* caster up front and -1.6* camber on the rear. Rear tow is still out, it's 0 on the right but -0.25 on the left which seems like a missing pivot washer, but I haven't check it out yet.

Some time ago I put the new front and rear swaybars on but I only just got the pics uploaded. I went with a topline 7/8" front with the caster fix bushings, and a topline rear 3/4" with heim/urethane droplinks connected to the porsche camber adjustment bolt with swaybar pickups.

This weekend I decided to hike up Lucy's skirt a bit and put some windows in the front fenders. I took off about 5" off the bottom of the rear fenders which should help with drag a bit.

For the front I used a template to put 3 4"x4" holes in the fenders which should let enough air out at speed. I still need some mesh in there to keep rocks from chewing up the paint. You can also see the new spa designs gt convex mirrors which were tightened up before they went on the car so they keep their adjustments.

Now it's kind of a rush to sort out all the little stuff before she goes in for paint on Wed! Yeah, she's finally getting painted, Saturn yellow L13M on the body, mirrors, and wing, and flat black on the hood, and decklid.