View Single Post
Old May 17th 2018, 04:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub_crazee View Post
I can’t believe how much this has changed since I was last on the forum! Great work Walter it’s truely inspiring! In fact I’m still drawing inspiration off your original boosted 914 set up!! Now that was a long time ago! What figures are you expecting from your
New set up and what boost are you going to be running? Will you be running with the duck tail intercooler or something different?
Thanks for these nice words man!

My goal from the beginning has been to achive 400hp (crank) at no more then 1.0 bar boost (14,7psi).
For that the engine should have been at about 190-200hp N/A. Since I came close, but not exactly made those numbers, it will be 'nerve wrecking' to learn what the actual results will be..

Tbh, the engine was hardly tuned and still had some flaws (rockers hitting valve cover stands, exhaust leak, hence AFR readings were off), so maybe a little more would have been possible.

For now, I have put in the smallest wastegate springs there were in the box (7 psi or 0,5 bar), so on wastegate I hope to make 300hp. There is no wastegate exhaust fitted at all atm, so it dumps on top of the gearbox for now. Hope that doesn't kill some parts or whatever...Still lots to do therefore.

For an intercooler I was dead set to keep everything inside the engine lid, but that would mean a custom intercooler ($$) and that is just not in the books for now.
So I have indeed dug out my old intercooler and ducktail set-up and fortunately, everything seems to still fit and the needed piping was easy to build from tubing I had lying around.

To my immense satisfaction, I also finally was able to attach the twin spark and made the wiring work with how I wanted the coils to be positioned (le-ri either side of the engine bay)

Intake piping for the ducktail intercooler finished as well: