View Single Post
Old January 7th 2008, 21:01

Hi wally. No this are not my engine. Is a picture Klaus has send to me to help me with the shroud installation. He did not have the english instructions made jet when i received the shroud. I dont know a lot abouth his heads other that that can be seen from the pictures from his catalog. But he claims he is near the 100hp/l. I also noticed the fins on the top off the heads in this picture. Above the plug. They seems longer that the fins from some other pictures of his heads. Probably machined from a small block of alu and welded on top for strenght. He also uses the additional fin like other german tuners. But he don't use the GB plug position and he wrote: ''Because of to much differences between the compared engines, I could not
yet find out till today, if there is a gain of torque or power output using the GB heads. But they will get a crack to both sides of the spark hole after some
time.'' I think his chambers are reshaped. At least as much i can judge from the pictures.
I have the 3rd version of his shroud but i did not buy the RSK. I was considering it but he said that there is too much work on the heads to carry it by myself and had not any instruction written couse no one have bought the RSK in order to instal it be himself and that it will interfer with ordinary aftermarket exhaust like BAS,... He said the RSK is working great and he is using it for engines from 2.4 and up and really make a difference when driveing top speed for long time.
The pieces i have brought from him are indeed top quality and he was also kind to answer to all (dumb) questions a made.

I will take some better pictures of the shroud when i will home. I dont have any on the comp.
The engine will be a 100x71 with the NOS mahle nicasil i have posted pictures on the STF some time ago. I have Thorsten lifters -thanks for the link BTW. AMC new castings reworked by me with 44x38 valves and some moods to the chamber. I don't know for the cam yet I have a cheap USA 298° but i would like a split duration-lift. I would buy one from klaus but are crazy expensive and he is not selling cams alone. Rammele had some split cams listed if i remember correctly, but not any more and is difficult to get anything from him. I'm not fan of the Shlecher- no enough lift. And sure don't want to buy the whole cam package for a RAT cam- but would love one. So any options to get a split duration-lift from europe? Do you know anyone who will grind a custom one?

Sorry for the off topic. I will pay off wit some pictures when i get to my shroud.

Best Regards