View Single Post
Old May 6th 2008, 17:13

Took a trip over to Huffaker Engineering at Infineon yesterday. Joe Jr. is an amazing guy, I'm looking forward to working with him. He didn't have time to get into specifics, just put the car on the lift and scratched his head a bit and agreed with my diagnosis of off-kilter rear geometry and he agreed that the sensation I feel is probably bump toe-out. To keep me busy he helped me diagnose my brake bias issues, so I've ordered a 1-1/8 in MC to replace the 7/8 rear MC so I decrease the rear brake bias and also increase pedal travel. I'm going to take a picture of the 944T torsion beam cover and send it to him, it may play a usefull roll in the rear suspension redu, but I may end up with a full double-wishbone rear suspension! Motor is still running strong, but I think I hear a little detonation in 5th under full throttle, so I'm not too happy about that, and cold running is still an issue. Some ECU adjustments should take care of those issues.

On my trip I had an "event". The frame horn sits about 2" off the ground, too low, but thats where the springs settled to. It's fine with me in it, but my wife wanted to go too, so it was a little lower. We took the scenic route, big mistake. The road was rough and annoying, but the rear problem developed when I find myself staring down a dead possum in the middle of the road. I don't mean fresh dead either, but not squished low enough to fit under the car... Bam, then the smell of rotting flesh, nasty. The smell subsided replaced with the sweet smell of antifreeze.... After surviving the first hit, the radiator couldn't handle this hit and started to leak. Fortunately I can look in the back seat and see the coolant expansion tank, and I could watch it slowly drain. Got to a gas station, filled it up, and was able to get back home. By the time I arrived, it had somehow stopped leaking, and is still sealed!!! I think the orange antifreeze I have must have some sealing properties...

Still no dyno sheet...

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S