View Single Post
Old August 17th 2006, 01:38

Haven't been on here in quite a while but here's the latest on the double A-arm suspension project: Recently completed a 4000 mi. test of the suspension over all kinds of roads (and weather conditions). No "high-speed racing" unfortunately, since the car is just an otherwise stock '74, but it would be interesting to see how it performs under those conditions. The suspension structure held up generally very well. No chronically loose bolts or unusually worn parts. It's now coming off the test car and going on my '55, which was it's ultimate destination. There's a bit of work to do before that, though. I'll be busy a while cleaning and re-painting a few rusty parts, replacing a torn ball joint boot, etc. I increased the caster to about 5 degrees to help straight line tracking, but seems like it could stand more. So part of the work the next few months will be adjusting steering and suspension geometry to get it, plus a few other improvements that seem worthy. Jason, I see you asked for a pix of the steering connection. Since it's already off, I'll mock it up and post it. Sorry for taking so long..