View Single Post
Old May 23rd 2007, 18:02

I feel I pi$$ed him off a little. I wrote to him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetibone
I have seen this Bus up close when it belonged to it's previous owner, and was able to speak with him at length regarding it's buildup and some of it's technical aspects. I can vouch for the time and effort spent, and the quality of the workmanship that went into this vehicle. My question is what modifications, and completions have been made since you've owned it? Obviously, the cargo compartment has been upholstered, and a sound system installed, but I remember at the time I saw it the rear brakes were CB Performance Roto-Hub assemblies, and the cooling system consisted of a single radiator.
His reply,

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschetech1111
You are correct about the rear brakes being CB performance (Subaru). It now has 3 radiators, one in its original mounting, one under the front like 911 A/C condensors with fan and one in the left side air inlet that used to supply air to the air cooled engine., I have welded in chassis bracing with square tubing, installed a billet steering, rebuilt steering gear and installed skid plate, detailed engine with polished aluminum and all aircraft bolts, done the body work and paint, had seats reupholstered with shorter bottoms for better egress, insulated entire vehicle, rewired old wiring, reinforced rear engine cradle and coil over mountings, undercoated with rubberized material. powder coated numerous interior pieces, reprogrammed mefi-4 to start better cold and go into closed loop,fabricated many brackets for cooling lines and wiring looms, replaced numerous window and door weatherstripping and installed hula girl on dash....just to name some off the work I have done. thanks for the interest....Jim
I was hoping the question would be on the auction page. So far it isn't.
'83 928S 4.7