View Single Post
Old May 16th 2006, 14:55

Hey Ricola

Thanks for the comments, it wasn’t until I made the video of the car going up the street that I realized I hadn’t herd the car under power on the road
I'm pretty happy with the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricola
Great extra pics and video on your site. Sounds nice :-) Any reason you didn't just reverse the coolant manifold?, look like a lot of work went into remaking it like that!
Rich
A few reasons, I decides to run one main cooling pipe down each side of the pan, this worked well getting the pipes from under the pan up to the radiator.

I cut and welded the coolant manifold to turn the out let round towards the flywheel and then welded a alloy 90 deg bent to it so it would then go down behind the head and face the ground, then it was just a matter of getting a 90 deg moulded rubber hose to connect it to the main coolant pipe.

The other reasons were that I wanted the heater out let pipes to face towards the firewall in case I decide to put a heater in the car and it made for a neater and shorter hose run when by-passing the throttle body pre-heater circuit.

Scott

1971 2.5L Subaru powered 1302s

http://vw1302rsi.multiply.com/