View Single Post
Old January 26th 2007, 15:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedub View Post
some partial photochops [later]:

what you think?
I like the wheels okay ... much more than the Centerlines f'sure.

I never warmed up too much to that particular two-tone in any color combo because it looks too much like some taxi companies we have in the Baltimore-Washington area.

The two-tone of the GSR (Yellow and Black Racer) was going to be the color combo of the 1303 I never bought ... or, at least, haven't yet. I wasn't going to do yellow and black specifically but that was the intended theme.

I abandoned the thought of a GSR-like look when I got my 1302.

The carbon fiber idea was in my head, too, but I became more partial to kevlar-carbon. No one makes a front lid in kevlar-carbon at this time so re-re-thinking doing that for my 1302 is on hold.

Basically, any two-tone that can be prominently seen from a side view will detract the attention from those looking at your wheels. This may be why beyond the "function" aspect of German Look I like the "look" aspect of German Look as being more monotone.

I will add (since you asked) that I do like stripes occasionally and I have seen two-tones I liked besides the GSR. Separate colored fenders and separate colored doors/body panels are amongst those I do not care for, however.

Opinions vary.