View Single Post
Old September 21st 2010, 15:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
How's that cast iron flywheel holding up ?
I dunno...but it does (obviously ). That is the part I would like to exchange the fastest if I could..but no-one makes a steel 228mm T4 as a regular part. I did see 200 and 215mm, but not (yet?) 228mm.. and a custum flywheel is very expensive. Thought about getting and welding up the steel 215mm, but not sure if one can just do that.

Quote:
How much boost were you running on that run ?
specially for you I 'print screened' the log of the run while I was there, cause I knew you were gonna ask that also since the boost varies (..) its hard to say what boost it was. Depends on when in the run, but nobody wants to hear that answer I suppose.
Boost does taper off and I think its the too small exhaust housing. This combined with the back pressure readings says it all imo. In defense of the turbo, I do suspect the initial high boost is some sort of spike and I need to back down the 'gain' setting on the EBC...but I wanted to run exactly like it was at Santa Pod when I did the 1/4 mile there.

To make things clearer: the car runs from right --> left side of the sheet!

Lemme know if you have any q's regarding the log, but look at that IDC climbing towards 80%! and those are 1000cc injectors (at 3.0 bar) run at 3,25bar fuel pressure...

If you look at the dyno sheet again, you may have noticed the power falling off as of 6200 rpm, while the run before it seemed to want to go on beyond the 6600 rpm limit we set then. Hence the 7000 rpm we ran this time...very dangerous as more boost and more rpm is tricky without chevy springs, but I went for it anyway as it ran like this rpm and boost in england and held up.
The ripple after 6200 rpm is valve starting to bounce of the seat imo...
So, I need better valve springs and a bigger turbo haha!

Quote:
Because of you, I'm looking for a short nose G50 now
Sandeep
Sorry 'bout that...

Last edited by Wally; September 21st 2010 at 16:06.