View Single Post
Old September 25th 2003, 22:33

Size of pic

Alex,
I don't think there's a limit to a size of a pic but if you can stick by these guide lines, it will help you and everyone else with uploading them and viewing them

Try to use JPEG's or GIF's as they take up less room and therefore load quicker and the purposes of the internet, they are good enough for quality. You can change a BMP to a JPEG or GIF using Paint or other picture programs. Just use "Save as" and chose the pic type at the bottom.

When you are using your camera, you should be able to select the size of the picture on the camera before you take the pic. I use 640X400 or so and this is usually a good size. If you go huge, then all you'll have to do is re-size every pic once you've uploaded them onto your computer and they will take up so much room on your camera that you'll severly limit the amount of pics you can take before you run out of room on the memory card.

Good luck and we'll look forward to seeing some pics.

If I've got anything wrong here or missed something important... I'm sure someone will chew my *** for it before long

Mike

Performanceghia is still alive and kicking...