View Single Post
Old April 23rd 2006, 14:23

I NEED TO VENT.. Hate NYC cab drivers

Yesterday it was raining.. I was with my family (wife, and 7 mo infant) heading to pickup my mom.. Drove thru NYC.. only to realize cab drivers are getting more and more aggressive. They honk if the light is red, and try to drive over you when it turns green..

Well as fate would have it.. we were stopped at a light getting ready to make a left when out of nowhere I hear something approaching, brakes screeching, and then the unavoidable crash.. The Dumb #)%^&(#$% driver plowed into the rear of our pathfinder (that was stopped at the light).. He was zooming in the rain, and somehow missed the fact that a car was stopped at the light..

Well the impact was hard, no shattered glass, and no serious injuries.. Thank God for good quality baby seats.. (side note: don't ever be cheap in the department, I am glad the seat came thru, would not hesitate to pay any price for the protection of a loved one)
Wife suffered some minor strain in her neck, and back..

I aggitated my back and neck as well as wrist from the impact and stearing wheel..

I initally jumped out of the car getting ready to drop the cabbie but before I ran to him, I checked to see if anyone was hurt.. that initially calmed me down, but I did let him have it verbally.. and tried to keep my cool..

Called parametics to make sure wife, and son were ok.. I ended up going to hospital too, since after the adrenaline left the body started to feel pain..

Car was hurt.. oh well.. must say that the tow hitch saved the day as it seems to have boxed the frame and given the rear some added strength.. Now waiting for monday or adjuster to come see the car..

Looking into getting a lawyer to make sure bills get paid.. as well as any follow on therapy, which I think I will need..

Man I am soooo

If these knuckle heads would just drive like normal folks and not be so aggresive we would not have these stupid accidents..

Any recommendations appreciated.. going to lay down.. and take some more motrin..

Like I said, I thank God no one was seriously hurt, I can deal with the material stuff.. it hurts the pockets but you over come.. Nothing was more of a relief than seeing my little fellow smiling.. and the wife giving me the thumbs up as to being ok..
Thanks for listening..
Alex