View Single Post
Old May 17th 2007, 16:28

type 4 engine fit in 1303 w/ engine lid closed?

im still new to the vw scene and i was wondering if a type 4 engine would fit in a 1303 with the engine lid completely closed?

im looking to get a 79 vert super beetle and i talked to a friend and he recommended me to get an engine built to 1935cc, forged pistons, studs, dual carbs, balanced, no higher than 8:1 compression ratio, 3rd cylinder welded shut along with a 5 gear tranny swap. what kind of bhp will a 1935cc bring? how much can i expect to pay for this type of NA setup including labor? also he recommended to get my engine done by gene berg in so cal?

i have a 01 honda prelude as my daily driver so the super beetle will be a fun weekend project. planning to do a german look, and street only.

majority of the internal engine stuff is brand new to me so i really dont know much of what he's talking about. im still searching within the engine forum on the common terminology and all the confusing numbers with pistons, bore, strokes etc.

it would be much appreciated if anyone can tell me what my friend meant with building 1935cc

also when someone says dual carbs, is this the same thing as a throttle body or intake manifold?

is EFI a brand name?

ill still be searching for beginner threads for internal engine stuff.

thanks
alvin

Last edited by defcon; May 18th 2007 at 11:15.