View Single Post
Old July 18th 2011, 07:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAZ909 View Post
Hi evil C,

Wondering what offset, brand, design etc 15" wheels you fitted that clear 944T calipers, or did you spacers with long studs.
I want to use 15" wheels as good rally tyres are only available in 15"
Thanks John
Hi John,

The wheels are 6" teledials (at the moment) and I added 30mm spacers that was as much to fill the arches as to clear the calipers. With those wheels it would need only small spacers ~5-10mm to clear shaved calipers and maybe none at all as the teledials have a very deep and thick well that causes the clearance issues.

The calipers were originally for a 16" wheel with the 299mm disc so since I was already committed to the wheels and the disc, I slotted the mounting holes, added crescent fillers and relieved the pads. All of that was more to fit the disc rather than anything else. I will when the pads have worn revert to the 299mm disc having now got the clearance c20mm between the caliper and the wheel that results from the spacers.

Whilst I agree with you that the gravel and forest stage tyres are mostly 15", the tarmac spec tyres are more useally found in the 16+" diameters especially if you are not to affect the gearing too much.

Clive