View Single Post
Old May 20th 2014, 10:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by effvee View Post
Hay where did you go? I deleted one response, I have waited for further info. I don't think it's fair to refer to a breather box, that's really intended for mild high performance; and show a fire breathing beasty. One thing I can see is the engine is aluminumn, so ease of repair/mods are possible. You don't think valve cover vents are of much good huh? I note that, your engine has basically two dash 12 vents.

No mention of the compression ratio,or boost settings? Let say for the sake of arm chair blow-by philosophy 101. I believe by using 2 dash 8 vents coming from each side of the valve covers. And the normal vent at the alt stand, and just maybe fugging a little and say there is also electronic crank fire ignition; so you take advantage of a forth hole, a dash 16.
collectively I believe that it will be more efficient than your dual blow-by tubes. By not stating all the facts, it won't be very helpful im trying to get a good answer
Sorry, I`m not visiting this forum so often. Thank you for deleting one post if I double posted.

I posted the picture of the 750hp Pauter engine just to show you where you should breath. The pressure is created inside your crank case and if you let it breath there that is all you need. Let us agree upon one thing: the pressure is the same all over the engine. That goes for the crank case and the heads. If you do not have enough breathing the oil will always escape no matter what. Right? So what happens if you open up your valve covers? The only thing you do is to open up a highway for your oil to escape. The pressure is still the same. The original breather box is far superior to the other ones due to the fact that it has far more breathing capability.

Here is a new picture for you of my 1641 turbo engine. As an experiment I mounted a 40mm hose to see if it puked anything at high boost. Not a single drop! Close to 400 whp at high boost and I`m only breathing from the original fuel pump and the alternator tower itself.

Best rgs
BB