View Single Post
Old March 15th 2010, 10:52

2 steps forward, one step back. Got some progress made this weekend. Not as much as I wanted to get accomplished due to a last minute gig that came up Friday, but progress nonetheless.

Got the steering hooked up. It turns with ease. Drill and tapped a 3x5x.1875 piece of steel to mount the column on. I had to make a bigger hole in the firewall for the rag joint to slide through. Now I need to make a cover that will bolt on so I can easily take it off when I need to remove the column.

I also ran the fuel line. I was ready for my first test drive, engine warmed up and ready to go. Car was running great and everything. Then I went to put it into gear and the car died. Fired it back up, put it into gear, died again. I upped the idle a little (1,000 rpm), put it into gear and it really bogged down. Turns out I was having carb problems. The carb was overflowing with fuel and fuel was just pouring into the carb. See video link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cmattdab.../0/vKclUKm4MCU

I'm not sure what went on? Maybe the floats need adjusting. I'm going to call Summit today and see what they say. It was running fine and then this just all of sudden happened.