View Single Post
Old November 25th 2005, 09:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Ninja
Now a car like Alex's old split, which in my mind is the ultimate GL, would you just spend a few thousand on a cheaply built T1, hell no you don't. You put the biggest baddest muther fukker that will fit in it, and that my friend is going to cost some serious cheddar.
I didn't go the T4 route, cause i wanted some serious power. My NA 2332 makes the 200hp, and i've gotten too used to it. So in the Split, a 2332 turbo will be stuffed in it. Plans are EFI, Turbo, Intercooled. Looking for 300-450hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Ninja
As far as the cost of powerplants go why don't you ask some of the guys on here who have spent big bucks on a engine ask if they were to do it again would they go that route. Nick
Yes, and i learned to spend it once on quality parts. I'd rather spend a couple bucks more doing a T1/T4, then cutting it up. I don't want to Hack out the back of the car to put a rotary/ecotec/suby in it. In my opinion it needs to stay aircooled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleinporsche
Why don't you go and buy yourself a good whole Porsche 3.2L for around 17k!? Tabarnak! nowadays there is no modern car company that sells their "little" engines for such a big price.

Then if you wan real power, serious handling, go with a real porsche, or you will end up paying twice the price of a porsche for a car that want's to be but never quite will... Ouf, feel better now that I let some steam out. Sorry guys, I know this doesn't help, it is just opinions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Do you really think that we can't add up numbers (costs) ourselves and have not realised we could have gotten a nice old 911 for the same money?

For your consellation (sp?): most people don't understand why s/one else puts a lot of money into a bug or any aircooled old vw...

And as to your conception of the 'real' power and 'real' handling of a porsche versus one of 'our' cars: Mwhahahah!! please read up, your in for a big surprise...

Reagrds,
Walter
Problem is, i don't like old, nice, slow 911's. The ones i would fancy cost a little more. So until i can buy a upgraded 930, 993TT, or 996GT2/GT3 I will continue trying to make my bugs go faster, turn and brake harder. It's only costing me 1/2 the cheddar, and I AM doing it.