View Single Post
Old November 25th 2005, 18:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Type IV
Real VWs don't have radiators- either from the factory or otherwise.

Oh man where do I begin. Back in '99 I remember a local shop owner telling me he didn't consider a car a Volkswagen if it didn't run points, I also remember about that time era as well that Turbos were for "cheaters" mentality. Same thing with NOS. Now lets fast forward to 2005, pointless ignition is like having brand new points all the time, they do need to be continually adjusted, no rubbing blocks snapping off, and they don't weld themselves together. All in all they improve the VW. Go to a VW and see how many VW's are running Turbos, NOS....a lot, thats cause it makes them go faster. As far as I know Paradise Express still has the 4 cylinder world record, and its turbo'd.

Where am I going with this, simple if something makes our cars better then why have a closed mind about it. There is a limit to how much hp can be created in a aircooled engine reliably, and economically. So a smart man would look for alternatives and a wise man would not disregard the alternatives. What are our (aircooled) options for a high horsepower (greater than 200 hp) engine, ohc heads, 3.0L w/nickies, all of that costs big dollars. Whats the point of building these amazing machines if a local punk 16 year old's parents buy him a SRT-4, EVO, or a STI that out of the box will out perform us. So why not fight fire with fire.