Thread: GL Dreamin.
View Single Post
Old June 4th 2006, 23:40

they way i look at car budgeting is you have a minimum.. this is the bare bones of what you want... for example the goal is disc brakes now you can spend around 300 and get cb performance front discs ( don't jump on me guys for saying this lol..) but thats the base...but from there you can upgrade to something better alll the way up to 996 turbo brakes... but where you but alot into ...somewhere else will always suffer and not reach the best... the idea is to balance and decide what is most important to you and then leave a maragin for mistakes.. just look at what you want and what you need and decide what is most important to you...

for an idea of the coponents that make a good car look at all the different types of forums and realize that each one of these tech sections is a topic you will have to cover... body, transmission, engine, suspension, wheels, brakes, etc.

also look into how much you can do yourself and how much can you learn... do you have a place to work on it.. do you have the time... the patience... the help... the sanity....and most of all the passion to keep you calm and focused when something goes wrong... .alot goes into a car besides money..its you....

apologize for the long entry... i kindof just ran on a tangent.....or maybe its because i've been inhaling aluminum polish all day... wheels can never be to0 shiney.....