View Single Post
Old July 18th 2008, 05:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGL View Post
wait so with 994 turbo trailing arms the coil overs listed above would work on a type 1? and if so does that apply to all 944 turbo coil overs ...im the usa guys so im trying to find the best comparison..the gaz coilover site completely confused me.
Your asking for the 'best' or most sophisticated set-up. That also implies that it is not that simple and 'definate' so to speak. The best set-up will always be debatable and the most sopfisticated set-up will probably not be a genral product. The above is available afaik, hence the matching website
Alu arms are 1-1.5 inches wider than stock. Turbo or S2/late or 968 arms are 3 inches wider than stock PER SIDE. So this involves more mods than just suspension (like wings as was already mentioned)
The alu arms fit, but will need some mods done, like installing the beetle pivot point bushings. You will also need (longer, 944 or T3) axles and CV's with the T2 or 944 100mm CV's. Maybe I forgot some details, I dunno all by heard though..
You still want to go ahead with this?

If you want to keep it more simple, and because you indicated you may have a problem with ordering all over the world if I interpret correctly, you could just stay with the steel arms and call Topline and order their entire catalog and be done with it. I have all their front suspension bushings and they are top notch. Many german tuners have bolt-on rear coil overs as well (GWD, Remmele, both also fit alu arms iirc; alu arms have 14mm metric screw for the shocks, so be aware ).

Last edited by Wally; July 18th 2008 at 05:09.