View Single Post
Old January 27th 2006, 21:16

This has been a good read and helpful.I am in the middle of this dilema at the moment.I have done an IRS conversion on my pan using jigs I made years back,and have used on 2 previous conversions with no issues.This time I have also done a major mod on the pan-cut the frame horns off and moved them out 50mm each side,to fit in an auto trans from a Type3.When I got it all back together,I had serious neg camber issues,so pulled it all apart and rechecked everything to see if there was distortion of anything because of all the welding.I suspected the outer ends of the torsion bar tubes may have pulled up,but using a straight edge across the outer body attaching spots and measuring the difference between the 2 pans at the centre of the tube-the auto pan was 0.5mm different-so that's not the problem.I put it all back together and tried moving the adjustment of the 3 bolts,and got it slightly better,so it looks like the small die grinder is going to get a work out.I did spend some serious time thinking about making the inner pivots adjustable,a bit of work,but would be easier on this one because the inner threaded bits are now exposed on my pan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pan10sm.jpg (34.1 KB, 122 views)