View Single Post
Old May 16th 2006, 17:09

Well, the bottom of the chassis wasnt laid thick with this crap like the top was. A quick scraping motion/chipping motion removed most of the stuff at the bottom. Maybe the product kind of broke down over time, being exposed to water/mud/craop on the road etc. Either way, I am not complaining!

I am trying to get the welding done on the chassis, but the MIG welder I have got, I just cant get the settings right to weld the chassis. I am pulling my hair out here. At times, I can get a perfect seamless spot weld. Other times with the exact same settings, the weld doesnt want to penetrate and just leaves a little 'ball' on the surface(although the 'ball' fused prperly to the surface)....

I am now currently on the look-out for a better MIG welder. A mid-range welder. In the region of 175+ with independable wirefeed dial(which my current welder has got) and AMP dial(not like the buttons I have now. I have a "MIN - MAX" and "1 - 2" switch, which I just can figure out properly ). At work, I work with a mid/high range MIG welder, and I can do proper professional welds with that machine.

So wish me luck that the wife agrees to let me buy one(it is halfway there already...)