View Single Post
Old August 29th 2007, 05:02

Hi Jeza

I couldn't wait to drive a Super again, the good thing about it is that it has shown me some things that I will change on my other 1303 before its on the road, speedo position and fuse box position for a start.

The wheels are 5x100 BBS from a Subaru Liberty B4. I used blank disks on the front and had them studded to 5x100 and I also had 5 x 130 pattern done as well, just in case.

On the rear I had the 944 hubs and rotors redrilled to 5x100 and the centre locating hub turned down for the Subaru wheels.

The callipers that I used are off the rear of 1984-90 Carrera, they use a fairly small pad compared to the NA 944 and have about a 42 mm piston. They are made by Brembo, are alloy and are very light. I had to fit a shim under the caliper locating bolts to centre the calliper on the rotor and the very top of the pad just sits proud of the rotor.

Just after I fitted everything up I did a 2,000 k round trip and found no bias vices, if I jump on them in the wet the rears will lock first. In the dry I cant get any lock up at all, the just stops as if a big hand reached out and grabbed the car.

I'm also early Type 3 front callipers, these have a 42mm piston rather than the 40mm used on bugs.

Steve