Thread: VWoA email
View Single Post
Old October 29th 2004, 06:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRSi
And you only need a lawyer when another one attacks, unless of course you start the attack with one...
I needed one when I was falsely charged with a felony. I needed one when a former residence didn't return my security deposit. I needed one when terms of a contract wasn't observed by a former employer. If that's considered me starting an "attack" with one, so be it.

As far as the rest of it, I am probably more in agreement than disagreement with what you said. VWoA doesn't seem to give a stool sample on whether the past several cars I've owned -- including four currently -- are Volkswagens. They are not the reason I keep buying VWs. I have had great reliability with their cars. I have a mechanic who works on VWs and who I trust implicitly. And I learned to drive with my dad's '66 Beetle, so now I am reliving that fun with my '71.

All of which just has little if anything to do with the original e-mail. That's all.

- - - - -

I can't comment on particular companies going bankrupt because I don't know their situation to comment. If they existed innocently, then VWoA should be shameful in their acts. And there are laws against predatory practices. If these companies acted in a not-so-innocent fashion, there are still laws against predatory practices. Anti-trust laws are set up to work both ways.

(Now, if you want a juicy rant on two cornerstones of anti-trust law -- The Clayton Act and/or The Stafford Act -- and whether they actually do more harm than good, I'm all for it. I will comment on things I know something about.)