View Single Post
Old June 16th 2008, 03:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
Walter,

That looks amazing ! I know it will work as the intercooler placement is perfect. Let us know what the MAT is as I am debating the A/W IC for an A/A IC to circuit race with.

Thanks

Sandeep
Thanks Sandeep!
Actually, the intake temperature is so low, I hardly dare believe it. I took the car for some 'test runs' (hehe) to see where the waste gate dumped and to check BOV operation (very cool, it sounds like a dolphin) and later checked MAT in the DTA (my ecu) log: it didn't even rose above ambient!
I checked temps by hand when I was out the car again and the intake side of the IC was slightly warm, but the other side was stone cold. In fact it seemed colder than ambient (20 degr C)...
My temp sensor is screwed into the top of the left alu CB hat. I'll see if I can retrieve the log from the 300 km trip and maybe the dyno run (thats over an hour back, so that'll be doubtfull)
So, in this case: size (of the intercooler) DOES matter and it proved to me (although porsche did that many years ago already in their turbo intercooled cars) we don't need no stinking water!

For Kafur without the hood:

Walter

Last edited by Wally; June 16th 2008 at 03:41.