Thread: A quick intro
View Single Post
Old December 5th 2008, 18:33

A quick intro

Hey guys

Pete noticed me as a fellow Toronto area VW owner over on the ultimate aircooled forums, and directed me here.

I bought a 73 Super "Sports Bug" out in Calgary in late October, after driving out to Edmonton to deliver a car I had sold. Brought the Bug home, got the safety done, it's now away for the season of course. Just over 100,000 miles on it, pretty decent condition (made the 2,000 mile trip OK), as it has lived its whole life in Calgary up until now. Plans this winter are for some Topline stuff to get the front end down, and chunkier tires on the 914 replica wheels. Eventually I would like to get a bit more power in the car, along with a brake upgrade and a 16" or 17" wheel & tire combo.

When I was a teen I had a 72 Super for about a year and a half, killed the poor thing. I had put on the dual Kadron carbs, cheapy header, 009 distributor, the usual stuff from Hayman. I've been thinking about getting another one for years, and when I had the opportunity to go out west, I took advantage of it. A pic of the car before it left Calgary:

I'm up in Caledon, and hope to make it to Oakville Tuesday night for your regular gathering. I'm usually working Tuesday nights until 8:00 pm, but should be able to shoot down there for 8:30ish.

cheers
Ed N.