View Single Post
Old April 10th 2007, 09:10

That Volksworld suspension looks interesting Jason - but would appear to have very poor (short!) virtual swingarm lengths and excessive RC movement? I wonder how much additional bump movement those ball joints have left!
Definitely looks like a "hot rod" & cruiser set-up, not really for any kind of performance application. It's purdy though!

I'm finally getting the design finalized for my fiberglass buggy A-arm front suspension - using MII spindles and Chassisworks A-arms. I did spend hours and hours on the computer re-working the inner pick-up points to optimize the geometry, the "design" aspect definitely something one shouldn't take lightly! Talk about variations on variations!
I'm winding up with a RC about 2" or so above ground, with minimal RC movement in roll, and not too bad in bump and roll. I'm making my upper pick-up points fairly adjustable for camber, caster and RC changes - if necessary.

When I finally get something in real hardware I'll put up a few pics. Not really applicable to a VW front end though - but maybe food for though if you want to go fully custom forward of the firewall?
Jeff

Last edited by GS guy; April 10th 2007 at 09:17.