View Single Post
Old April 25th 2003, 08:50
Administrator

Post An Update ...

Well I've been running the car in the evenings for 3 days now, making sure everything is up to par before I start driving it daily starting this Monday.

I still can't get over the power when compared to stock !

I WILL NEED a kafer-cup brace really soon. When I cut my decklid, I didn't make the cut low enough. I need to trim it by about 1/2" towards the bottom of the decklid. In hindsight this was good because it made me aware of the brace problem.

I had these weird scratches on my newly painted fan housing .. turms out that the engine is 'Dropping' when I accellerate really hard and the fan housing is scraping on the decklid in the area I made the cut.

So hopefully the cup brace will cure this problem. I'm sure it will.

Another thing, I was driving behind a dodge Dakota last night and we were approaching a hill, a type of hill that I would not dare attemp a pass with a stock 1600cc. Well I passed him in 3rd gear like I would pass someone going downhill with my 1600cc after getting a good run !

I guess I can now confidently pass while driving ! AMAZING to me because I could not do this before. This engine really woke up my bug, and I can now drive like I'm driving a modern car with power, but is still aircooled !

I will post some engine temps and more experiences during the latter part of next week, when I have some driving time into it.

Later.

Sandeep