View Single Post
Old May 7th 2003, 13:21
Administrator

An update ..

I've been driving the car for a while now, really happy with the way things have turned out. I have ordered some fatter idle jets and that should cure my low end backfiring.

Driving impressions .. The car drives great, easy to start, runs well and has power to lay scratch in 1st and chirp the tires in 2nd (195/65/15).

I've had it up to 90 mph on the freeway for 10 mins before I had to slow down due to traffic, head temps hit 350 deg (#3 cylinder) and oil temps hit 190 deg C. The 96 plate mesa with fan keep the oil between 170 deg and 190 deg. At startup I get 60 psi on the oil (Penzoil 10w30) and 20 psi when at idle when warmed up.

The head temps stay about 250 deg during my daily drives and when I step on it, hit 350 deg, but cool right down again when I get off the throttle.

I'll be taking it to a racetrack in the next few weeks to do 5 laps and see how the temps stay.

I NEED A CUP BRACE BADLY ... I've embarassed my self twice now... trans pops out of gear halfway through the intersection .. (once racing a WRX and once racing a Riced out Civic.)

Sandeep