View Single Post
Old March 21st 2013, 00:40

The new STI motor arrived a few days ago and I couldn't leave it well enough alone. It's actually from an 07 STI, which means it has e-throttle so that will have to get replaced. I started stripping it down looking for dirty secrets, but in looks good on the surface and even the belts were in great shape.

I have an 11lb. alu. flywheel and a TY754VBAAA trans on the way, both should be here by next week. I already picked up an OBX diff for the tranny, and even though it's new it still needs to be gone through. With the additional work it's worth the money. I also got a TGV (tumble generator valve) delete kit, so that'll be a weekend project.

In racing news, the 2013 season is finally getting underway. I went to a different series event last weekend that's mainly geared towards muscle cars and they setup a fast course. Unfortunately, my throttle cable snapped 100ft. into my first run and my day was done. I usually have a spare, but didn't have one with me this time. I was pretty bummed until I realized a few things.

1. I trailered the bug there so I didn't need to drive it home.
2. The organizers refunded my entry because I had already done my work assignment and now couldn't drive.
3. If I had to break a part on the car, I'm glad it was one of the cheapest. Earlier in the day, a car lunched it's trans after 3 runs.

Having realized my day could have been a lot worse, I started feeling a lot better. There's another autox with NorcalUFO (my usual group) this weekend, so I really want to get out there now