Thread: Oil Temp Sender
View Single Post
Old June 16th 2003, 04:05

I have an Auto meter temp guage for my T4, the Pro Comp Ultralite model. I used a brass T fitting with an extension on that (the sender was too long to fit the T without getting in the way of the oil pressure sender) out of the original oil sending unit's port, at the side of the case, below the dizzy. Oh yeah, I used the Oregon Performance DTM conversion kit, so the oil hoses need to be in mind when installing the oil switches. Everything works fine for all my guages except 2 things (which don't concern oil guages):

1. My head temp guage only goes to 300deg, so it maxes out every time the engine is warm. I need the 600deg unit, but can I use the sender that came with the 300deg unit, since the 600deg sender is a seperate (rather expensive) cost?

And 2. My Ultra lite Speedo is about 10mph off (too slow) and I need to figure a way to make it accurate. It's a mech-drive speedo, and all autometer's sh1t is tuned for American cars with the speedo drive running off the trans. What should I do?

Sorry to deviate from your topic, but it's sorta related. Sorta....

Hope my first info helped, either way.

DAVID MANN