View Single Post
Old December 29th 2004, 18:17

ive just joined german look

Hello
jimby here

ive just registered on here cos im building my oval for the 2005 Aircooled cup in the UK.

here is the spec of my car now
1956 oval, rhd.
original pan, wings, doors, bonnet, lights, side and rear glass and running boards.

stripped out interior, safety devices 6 point cage. pair of sparco ultra seats. sparco steering wheel. 4 point luke 3" harnesses. everyting black! monster tach, oil temp and voltage vdo. dash fusebox. AFFF fire extinguisher.

1300 gearbox, long axles. original front brakes, late rear 4 stud drums. 356 wheels, 195 55 R15 yokohama advan A048R medium compound race tyres on the rear and bridgestone B340 175 55R15 fronts. koni red adjustable shocks, stock front anti roll bar. solid mount gearbox with frame fork braced to inner wings. 12v. laminate RAC front glass.

no engine

so im going to race it in the 2005 Aircooled Cup in England, starting at Brands Hatch on the 2nd of April.

ive got planned

ive just aquired an 1800 type4 engine.
im cutting the rear valance off very far up. fitting pattern parts wings, bonnet and fibreglass decklid. changing the side and rear glass to perspex. changing the running boards and lights to cheaper ones. doing a disc brake conversion on the front using link pins, disc brakes drilled to 4x100 or 5x112 with stud and nuts. stock calipers, dual circuit master cylinder. drums on the back drilled to the same. aluminium foam filled fuel tank. changing the doors to ones with perspex instead of glass with no winders but a hole cut out to get fresh air in. a belly pan under the full length of the car in 4mm plywood. 6" x 15" stock steel wheels off a modern car with the yoko A048R tyres all round, medium compound rear - super soft fronts.

ive only got three months to do it in, including my first build of a type4 engine so if anyone can lend an interlectual hand and advise me where they can if they have one any of the things on my list so i can save time and money doing it id be very appreciative

ta
jim