View Single Post
Old July 18th 2006, 14:23

Its not that hard to do....once you have an idea of what you want it to look like. I've never used fiberglass in my life. But after purchasing a very ill fitting 911 shroud I ended up learning as I've gone. And while I've had a few setbacks here and there.....its been a fun experience. Anyways, here is a pic of the dash as it was 2 weeks ago (I'm working on the cover panel that will fit below the steering column).

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/alb...?pic_id=289070

Once the general shape is complete I'll go back over it and make some adjustments here and there before I create a mold of it. Once I've made the mold I'll make 3 of them. The 1st one will be used to figure out reinforcement points as well as the glove box. The second one will be a finished unit with CF accents at certain points and what isn't CF will be painted to match the body. The final one will be completely CF. I might be making a 1303 version since a friend of mine was asking if I could use his dash as the pattern and then modify it to house the 911's cluster. So, that might be another form that I have laying around till I get my own 1303.