View Single Post
Old February 19th 2007, 19:54

What is your interest in having a bolt-on A-Arm front suspension???

Guys,

I have been talking with Jason (Volksdent) and also with John Busceme of XV Motorsports about the possibility of designing and marketing an a-arm bolt on system for the aircooled VW community.

My question and also John's is do you think it is a viable marketing venture. I realize that there are a lot of possibilities. Jason and Eyeball Engineering both have I believe the right idea of being able to use as many VW/Porsche parts as possible to minimize the costs to the car owner. Also, having a bolt on system that can be converted back to torsion bar is the way to go.

A little background on John Busceme of XV Motorsports. I first saw his 'business' on "Dream Car Garage" of the Speed Channel. His approach to changing a Challengers front torsion suspension to unequal lenght a-arm set up was done extremely well. I was so impressed that I purchased his DVD on the whole series of his build and testing. Please go to http://www.xvmotorsports.com/ and check out his company. I talked with John a little the other day and we would have to do a lot more discussion on the particulars, but rest assured, if he were to get involved, it would be done 110% correct.

I guess the main concern would be for everyone involved is costs as always . I can see the base system eventually being the cradle/a-arms/steering rack. Having different options or combinations of springs/shocks available being the main cost variable. Possibly having different steering box/rack options is another thought.

This is just a thought and I am in the infancy stages of seeing what can be done; if anything.

Your thoughts and constructive input is greatly appreciated. Also, how much in very rough costs would you be willing to spend?

Thanks,

Kelly (Cohibra)