View Single Post
Old March 1st 2007, 14:34

I was at Laguna Seca last Mon and Tues. 034 Motorsports was there. They make HiPo aftermarket older Audi stuff. They have a 90 coupe with 450hp and all the LSD Quattro stuff done. Christian Miller(Speed Touring Car Championship Jetta driver) was slamming that thing around the track at insane speeds. They had installed a new lower control arm that they fabbed up to increase castor. Worked great for 6 sessions. Coming in to turn 2 under braking one of them let go. Tire squashed into the fender and locked up, but he was able to take it straight off the end of the track and the only damage done was related to the broken control arm.

Moral of the story, aftermarket stuff that is under load needs to be tested. Christian is a professional race car driver testing under controlled conditions. Had this occured on a freeway offramp, someone could have been killed. I'm not going to be selling my design till it has been vigorously tested by me and people like Christian. He would love to thrash my bug around the track. If something breaks there, it's within possibility. The product that I will hopefully end up selling HAS to be safe, well constructed, efficiently built, and function properly under a lot of different conditions.

I know everyone interested is chomping at the bit to get their hands on this thing, but it's not really worth it unless its done properly. Eyeball engineering has about 3 of their design on the road, but most are trailer queens. Nobody else has a design that is close to the strength built into mine, but that doesn't mean it's infallible. If anyone else cares to start this project they are free to do so, but it is a long, long road if done properly, and I think, in regards to my design, patience will be rewarded by a carefully thought out, safe, and relatively inexpensive product that can be used for many years without the fear of failure.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S

Last edited by volkdent; March 1st 2007 at 23:50.