View Single Post
Old March 1st 2007, 22:09

Agreed. At first I thought I could just put something together rather quick and safe but due to posts and interactions here on the board ( thanks Volkdent) I came to realize it is going to be a rather long hard road. I plan the stress test the heck out of my designs both on and off the car to ensure reliabilty. I would rather over build a little safety into the control arms than save a littel weight and have a disaster. As for race safe control arm members I leave it up to the racers to decide if an item can be used safley on their cars. ( insert race disclamer here)

I plan to use the prototypes I build as a base design to have a more refined version derived from. I am looking into companies that take items and redesign them for optimum preformance and ease of creation. That way the control arms are safe and well designed for safety.

PS. Volkdent I would like to kick a few ideas around with you later.
Pirate VW Services is looking for weber IDF and IDA carbs "to far gone to repair". We are also looking for 74 Super Beetle and later controll arms that are to badley bent to use or repair. PM for details.

Sevice with a yarrhhhh!