View Single Post
Old April 26th 2009, 23:03

Wow......I am speachless.

Germanlook.com was created really with a lot of money of the GL community.
We all gave money to Superman to get it going. Supe had personal problems back then and the site was going nowhere.
To those that originaly donated to Superman I apologize that I forgot your names to give you credit.

This when Sandeep and I took over which I did discuss with Superman and he was totally fine with it.
Ownership of the domain transferred then as well.
Even when Sandeep and I discussed the passing the site along there was always an understanding between the two of us that the site belongs to the community. Advertising cost were kept low (100$ per year) so that only the cost of running the site was covered. The forum software was bought by me.

I was very lucky to partner with Sandeep on the site and I believe that was the reason that germanlook.com got such a good start.

Well.....I do not drive a beetle anymore....I still have (technically) an aircooled VW (NSU was taken over 69 by AUDI which was/is owned by VW....so if you guys need help I am willing. ;-) It is hard for me to let go and see something struggle along which some of us worked and fought hard for.

Regards,
Alex